Category Archives: Cyber Safety Webinars
Register now for Cyber Guardians Online (CGOL) CPD Webinars for Lawyers. CGOL Webinars comply with the Law Institute Victoria’s Continuing Professional Development Rules 2008 and the Continuing Professional Development Rules of the Legal Services Board 2008.
Under the Law Institute of Victoria’s CPD scheme, a CPD activity must:
- Be of significant intellectual or practical content and must deal primarily with matters related to the practitioner’s practice of law
- Be conducted by persons who are qualified by practical or academic experience in the subject covered; and
- Seek to extend the practitioner’s knowledge and skills in areas that are relevant to the practitioner’s practice needs.
Some of the topics that will be available in 2013 are:
- Cyber Bullying, Harassment, Stalking, Sexting & The Law
- Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology & Retailers Vulnerabilities and Liabilities
- Employers Monitoring Employees Social Media Activity
- Lawyers Reporting Obligations Relating To Evolving Digital Technology, Terrorist Financing & The Threat To National Security
- Social Media Impact on Juries
Summaries of the topics will be posted late January 2013 and Webinars will commence mid Febraury 2013.
Webinars will be conducted during the day and the evening and be of 1hr’s duration for 1 CPD point each.
Webinars will be priced at $49.95 plus GST with bookings and secure payments to be made via our secure Try Booking Account. (Bookings Open 1 February 2013)